It is Easy to Rent a Dumpster!
May 4, 2018 by Fogh Abildgaard
- Evaluate your garbage disposal needs. How much and what kind of trash do you actually have? How long will you need the dumpster for? This will determine the size of the dumpster that you will need and the price that you will pay.
- Because all waste products take up volume a dumpster size is measured in cubic yards, with container capacities ranging from 10 to 40 cubic yards. However, not all garbage is created equal; concrete, metal, roofing materials, and other hefty construction materials weigh more. Many dumpster rental companies will not let you fill the entire container and may even charge you extra if the materials deposited in the dumpster exceed the maximum weight limit. You will likely need to rent a dumpster at least one size bigger than you think you need.
- Be sure to consider the height of the container, as dumpsters of similar volume come in different dimensions. You want to make sure that it is easy for you to put things into your dumpster. A tall dumpster may not be ideal when disposing of heavy materials; to ensure easy access ask for a lower container or a container with fold-down gate.
2. You want to consider where you will put the dumpster. Will it fit in front of your house, on your property, or a place of business? Is there enough maneuvering space for the truck delivering and picking up the container? Keep in mind that laws pertaining to dumpsters on the street vary considerably and it is a good idea to check with your local parking enforcement office. Before the dumpster arrives be sure to clear an area for your dumpster.
3. Contact a dumpster renting company in your area to find out the sizes of their dumpsters and the prices that they charge. Inquire about any additional fees or hidden costs: What is their weigh per dumpster limit? When will the dumpster be delivered? Do they have special promotions or discounts for residential/commercial/new customers? Sit back, relax, and wait for dumpster rental Auburndale to arrive!